Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Blessings all around

Blessing Number 1: Zach and I finished school strong in May.

Zach thought that he would have a hard time finishing up his classes--he just didn't see how he could possibly get everything done. But God blessed his time and efforts and he finished, with all A's.

My semester wasn't as hard. It was hard for me to stay motivated since my classes seemed easier and all I really wanted to focus on was getting married and wedding plans. However, I was convicted time and time again that my focus and energy should be placed in finishing the school year well in order to glorify God with the work He had for me then.

Blessing Number 2: Zach and I got married! YAY!!!


We were so blessed by the celebration that we had through our union together. Pastor Luke did a beautiful job in exhorting God's word and talking to Zach and I about what a godly marriage should look like. We had the support of friends and family--both at the wedding and away.


The wedding was absolutely wonderful and I wouldn't change any part of it. I got to marry my best friend that day and I'm so excited that I get to share my life with him. Zach is so patient with me. He helps me get the housework done...dishes, laundry, other odds and ends... even after coming home from a long day of work. He doesn't complain when I accidentally burn the food, he eats it and always says it tastes good--even when I think it could taste better. He will get up in the middle of the night to try to figure out which light switch controls the light that is keeping me up outside our window. Zach is so good to me. Thank you, God, for the wonderful man that you have given me to go through life's journey with.

Blessing Number 3: We had places to stay...RENT FREE!

All summer we had the opportunity to house sit. We first were able to house sit for Pastor Kruis as he was on sabbatical and his family traveled to Europe and family camp and to visit family. After the Kruis family got back, we were able to move into Candy Egan's house, which is where we are now. Although housesitting can be challenging at times since we are figuring out how things work and a routine can be difficult to find, we are blessed to be able to have the places to stay. Zach and I weren't sure what we were going to do about housing this summer, and since we were already renting a place back at Taylor, we really did not want two rents. God provides!

Blessing Number 4: Our Taylor home was furnished (minus the bed)

At the end of the school year when we were looking for housing for this coming fall, Zach and I attempted to get a fully furnished apartment. We didn't want to have to buy furniture for one year, and the furniture that we had in previous years in our dorm rooms belonged to our roommates. However, the deal with that aparment fell through. We found a place just off campus and then rent was relatively low. It was not furnished, but we were okay with that; we knew we'd make it work somehow. As we were moving out, both our roomates offered us pieces of furniture. Beck gave us his fouton and Rebecca gave us a dresser or two. My friend Emily's boyfriend, Drew, gave us a lazy boy chair. Then, in the beginning of June we found out that Beck needed a place to stay in Upland for the summer. He stayed in our apartment and brought some furniture--a table and chairs and bedroom dressers--with him. He said we could use it for the school year. So minus a bed, we have a fully furnished apartment right off campus for the coming school year.

Blessing Number 4: Zach got a job!

This past week, Zach was given a job offer to start work at Raytheon Missile Systems upon graduation next May. He really wanted to work there, so the job offer was great. I will still have one semester of school left, but it is only student teaching. I talked to my student teaching advisor before we came back here for the summer and she told me that as long as Zach had a job in Tucson, I would probably be able to do my student teaching in Tucson as well. I just need to get the education boards to approve it. I must submit my request by the end of August or early September, so the fact that Zach got a job offer this summer was a huge blessing.


Zach and I have been blessed with so much. I always fear that something will go majorly wrong and that our plan will not go through. So far we have been blessed by our God and Savior and our wishes have been granted. I need to realize that God's plan is far better than my plan and even if one of Zach's and my desires does not happen, God will provide as He has time and time again. His plan is so much greater than ours and He will always give us the tools to make it through. I know that it may not always be easy; God will stretch us and make us rely solely upon Him for strength, but He will never give us anything that He will not help us get through.

Thank you, Lord, for all the many blessings you have given us and help us to use them to glorify you more.

No comments: