Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The 80 Day countdown!

As Zach and I are getting down to the final days until our wedding, I am looking at what still needs to be done.  Only 73 days left with 3 days until I go home for spring break.  I was looking at what all I need to do over spring break for the wedding: invitations, invitation lists, flowers, decorations, jewelry, hair stuff, and other little final purchases.  I was thinking that I was just going to be stressed over break without any free time.  But then I was thinking about how much fun it could be to go with my mom and do everything.  This will be GREAT mother/daughter time.  Another aspect of the wedding that I've been thinking of lately is the cost (am I spending too much or too little?).  I am really trying hard to not spend too much, but what about too little? I was having this thought because I was watching shows like "Say Yes to the Dress".  I also hear about "simple" weddings in Chicago and other places, and they sound a lot like the REALLY NICE weddings that I have been to.  Should mine be more like that? Am I not taking enough pride in what MY BIG DAY is? But then I remembered that the primary purpose of this grand day is not to have all of the attention on myself.  This day is to worship God in the unity of Zach and I.  It is simply another form of worship.  Zach and I want our marriage to be first and foremost Christ-centered.  I think that starts in the ceremony.  It is just so hard for me to take the attention off of me (which I am very excited about being Zach's radiant bride).  I guess I'm just trying to make this day beautiful, but not worry about what others think about me.  My thoughts at midnight.

No comments: