Monday, September 7, 2009

Michigan Fun

We got to Kalamazoo Saturday afternoon. We went to the house in there first to see its progress. After we checked it out, we we to Hastings to see Mono and Papa. We had Little Caesar's Pizza for dinner. Saturday night we played a couple games of Pedro (cards). Zach and I won the first game and Mom and Dad won the second game.

Sunday morning, Dad and I went to pick corn, peppers, and tomatoes. mmm... We got back to the house at about 10 am, just in time to wake Zach up and get ready to go to church. When we got home we at the roast, corn, green beans, mashed potatoes, and apple crisp that Mom made. It was delicious. After lunch we got ready to go canoeing.

Here we are waiting patiently to go on our Sunday Afternoon Canoe trip.

It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon, so what better thing could we do than go down the river? This trip was our compatibility test to see how well Zach and I would work together vs. Mom and Dad. They got down the river faster than Zach and me--following the current helps a lot, but we weren't as good at is as Mom and Dad. We all ran into some trees at different times... and, oh, the spiders. YUCK! It was supposed to take us about 3 or 3 1/2 hours. We finished in about 2 hours and 15 minutes. Mom and Dad got the premium canoe, so they had seats with backs on them... lucky. Mom said that premium people get the premium canoes. True, true. :)
Fun was had by all.

Sunday evening when we got back, we at sloppy joes, tater tots, and zucchini casserole. After dinner we were all going to go out and pick pears. Zach and I picked some apples while we were waiting for Papa and Dad to get the bins set up on the tractor. While we were in the orchard, I got a couple HUGE mosquito bites on my forehead and back. That helped me decide to go inside with Mom and Mono instead.

But Dad and Zach climbed in the big apple bins and Papa lifted them to the top of the pair trees to pick. They were bummed that Mom didn't get a picture of them when they were at the top of the tree. They filled 6 half-bushel baskets.

After the pear-picking, we ate some of Papa's popcorn and visited. When we went back upstairs, we played another game of Pedro. Mom and Dad won 63-62... close game.

This morning, we got up, had breakfast, and came back to Taylor.

No comments: